I’m sure you’ve all heard about the news about Jamie Vardy.
The 29 year old Leicester striker is on Arsenal’s radar and apparently we have triggered his release clause (which is around the £20 million mark) and are currently in talks with Leicester about signing the in-form striker.
If the release clause is £20 million then you would expect Arsenal to have offered £20 million plus £1, knowing us!
All joking aside however, is this a good signing for Arsenal? If it’s true is would seem like an un-Arsene Wenger type signing, however you don’t know if it has been instigated from the powers from above, as they know Arsene isn’t one to splash the cash.
The reasons for signing Vardy:
- He scored 24 Premier League goals last season, 8 more that our top striker.
- He has something severely lacking in this Arsenal team – fight, hunger and a never-say-die attitude.
- His finishing is outstandingly clinical and as shown from his form for Leicester, he scored 24 goals in a team that at times, would only make a handful of chances.
- He is not a one trick pony – remember his outrageous goal against Liverpool?
- He is an intelligent forward that likes to run in behind with pace (something we have missed since the days of Thierry Henry).
- He’s not Olivier Giroud.
And the reasons against:
- If you chat shit, you will get banged.
So there you have it, although surprising if it came off – overall it would be a great signing for Arsenal.